Monday, January 7, 2019

3 Wardrobe/Fashion Goals for 2019

I'm not really a New Year's resolution kind of person, but I have a few fashion related aspirations for the coming year.



Praising Stars and Angels of Prayer Umbrella

1. Buy a parasol

I have been wanting a parasol for years and years, but indecisiveness and high shipping costs have proved to be too much of a barrier so far. The closest I ever came to owning a parasol was in 2016 during Lolita Collective's black Friday sale. I ordered it and everything, but sadly it ended up being sold out. Every season since then I have resolved to get one, and now that I finally lost my old umbrella on public transportation I know it truly is time. Seriously. I have been walking around in the rain because I can't bring myself to get a regular umbrella. It's TIME. 

Will AP's "Praising Stars and Angels of Prayer" in ivory be the one?



A photo from my first ever meet
2. Host a meet 

I have been involved with my local community for two years, but had never been at a point in my life where I felt like I could responsibly commit to hosting a meet. Even just making it to meets has been difficult at times. This year, I finally feel like I might have the time and energy to take it on, even if it's just a small one and even if I have a cohost. I'm thinking a museum meet would be fun, either art or natural history. 

Some dream/wishlist items

3. Continue developing a cohesive wardrobe

The first step is probably further defining my vision for my wardrobe. I decided a year or so ago that navy, wine, and ivory would be my main colors. Since then, I have discovered a love for beige. Luckily it coords well with the other colors. I had hoped to sometime in the future start including dusty, muted pinks, mints, and lavenders, so when I fell in love with AP's Royal Unicorn in person, I allowed it into my wardrobe (Thanks, friend who sold it to me at a very generous price). Seeing it next to IW's Royal Library and Peppermint Fox's Tea Society made me realize my love for gold details. I have also noticed this year that all my main pieces coord well with brown, so chocolate has entered the color palette. 

I love how everything looks together, but there are so many directions I could go in from here that building my wardrobe will take some thought. I started to make a list of pieces I want to add and it quickly became clear that more planning is required. A topic for another post, perhaps. 

The overall vibe is still "librarian on an adventure," with a dash of "princess who lives in a magical forest," a perceptible "something an American Girl Doll would wear" quality, and a little bit "could be mistaken for a uniform from a fantastical academy." 

That's A Look, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment